DREW, WILLIAM, b. c.1627, fisherman at Isles of Shoals, keeping his family at Oyster River. Had his house built there by Thomas Beard in 1648, d. Apr 1669, m. Elizabeth Matthews, dau. of Francis, who m. 2nd 20 Jly 1671 William Follett.
Sources: NLD; DUR; PR67. jhd, sfg
Homesite: On the S shore of Oyster River bet. lands of Matthew Giles on the E and Thomas Stevenson on the W. See DUR , v.l, p.52 and map at p. 48. House burned 1694. Traces of garrison cellar hole and of surrounding orchard could be seen on Drew's Point 1913. sfg
1. Francis , ae 31 1679, m. by 1673 Lydia Bickford, dau. of John, 5 ch. in NLD.
2. Sgt. John, c.71 in 1721, cooper, m. 1st Sarah Field, dau. of Darby; m. 2nd Rebecca Cook, dau. of John and Mary (Downes) Cook, whom . 2nd 1724 Samuel Starbird, 4 and 7 ch.
3. Hannah, m. 1st Godfrey Brooking, m. 2nd Nicholas Follett, m . 3rd Abraham Haseltine.
4. Thomas, b. c.1665, m. Mary Bunker, 9 ch. in NLD (10 in DUR; 8 in PR67).
5. (Elizabeth?) poss. a 1st wife of Abraham Clark , or wife of Thomas Phillips of Ipswich.